Archivally Intelligent Twitter?
The next Twitter chat is almost upon us, so get ready to take part between 8pm and 9pm on Monday 24th September. The questions to be answered are as follows:
- Is it the archivist’s job to provide basic archival education?
- Is there too much jargon in archives?
- What is the difference between information literacy and archival intelligence?
- How can we best help users to become expert users?
- If you could wave a magic wand so that all users knew one thing before coming to your institution, what would it be?
Then again, the next face to face meeting in London is also almost upon us, so if you can, please come and join us on Monday 1st October at 6.30pm in the Marquis of Granby. The topic under discussion (thank you Lawrence for the suggestion) will be the recordkeeping aspects of the recent inquiry and report into the Hilsborough Disaster, please see the following to get a sense of the issues raised;
And to provide a point of comparison, please also read Albie Sachs’ article ‘Archives, Truth and Reconciliation’